- March 19, 2016
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Sierra Foothills Chapter of CAMFT invites you to another valuable training!
The Military Culture and Its Impact on Mental Health
Shing Long, M.S. and Director
The Solder’s Project – Sacramento Chapter
March 19, 2016
9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Have you ever wondered why veterans may be more difficult to work with? The culture that they have been exposed to as a service member may have impacted their behavior as well as their loved ones. Time away from loved ones can be stressful as it is, but this may be increased with military deployments that leave family members anxious, fearful, and depressed.
As a prior military spouse, Shing has worked with service members and military families for over 12 years as a Director training. She was President of the Advisory Board for a military housing community of over 200 families while stationed in Hawaii, and while in Japan, and served with the Ombudsman team to advocate and liaise for family members of the deployed military members.
The presentation will provide information on:
- Background information on each military branch, their traditions, and struggles service members as well as their families endure.
- Research indicates that military families are at increased risk of problematic behavior and how military culture may impact this for service members and their families.
- Review common terminology one may run across when working with this special population.
- Their struggle to transition seamlessly as they leave the service and learn how to address this.
- Stigmas involved in accessing mental health services and techniques that will assist in being most effective while working with veterans.
Auburn Holiday Inn / Max’s Cafe
120 Grass Valley Hwy
Auburn, CA. 95603
The course will meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs. The Sierra Foothills Chapter of CAMFT is an approved CEU provider (PCE #4807) through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Training fees are as follows:
(Become a Member to receive a $10 discount)
Important Notice: Hand-outs will be emailed 2-days before the training.
Please print and bring to the training.
Registration for this event closes on Wednesday, March 16th at midnight.
There is a $5 late registration fee for attendees registering at the door, so be sure to register early!
The Sierra Foothills Chapter of CAMFT will provide refunds to registrants up and until the close of registration, minus a $5 registration fee. There are no refunds after the close of registration. Questions - Contact Jamie Lynne - JamieLynneLMFT@gmail.com
All members are welcomed to join the Board of Directors Meetings. Meetings are held from 8:00 to 9:00 AM at Max’s Holiday Inn on the same day as our training. We will have our Annual Membership Meeting prior to the Training.
We appreciate your involvement!