- June 18, 2016
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sierra Foothills Chapter of CAMFT is proud to host
On June 18, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
at Auburn Holiday Inn Conference Room
120 Grass Valley Highway
Auburn, CA 95603
JOHN PRESTON, Psy. D., ABPP
Building Resilience and Enhancing Treatment Outcomes
The presentation is appropriate for psychotherapists.
Tough cases, stuck clients, partial recovery. This workshop focuses on a number of neglected issues that can be responsible for treatment failures or inadequate responses, along with action-oriented approaches for resolving these issues.
Four primary topics are explored.
- Common underlying factors that are often not identified and account for many cases of poor treatment outcomes
- High yield complimentary treatments
- It's more than just psychopathology
Participants will learn and be able to utilize:
- How to identify unsuspected medical conditions that account for many cases of treatment resistance and unnecessary suffering;
- High-yield intervention strategies that significantly improve affect regulation, including techniques designed to increase deep sleep, overcome low energy and rapidly de-escalate intense painful emotions;
- About psychotherapy techniques that facilitate neuroplasticity--enduring brain changes that can facilitate more effective coping and also address long-standing personality problems--how brain change can open one up to more authentic living;
- How to implement lifestyle changes that contribute to a greater sense of well-being...including ten of the most potent, research-supported life skills that promote happiness and meaningfulness
John D. Preston, Psy.D., is a Professor emeritus with Alliant International University, Sacramento, California, and formerly on the faculty of UC Davis School of Medicine. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association, division of psychopharmacology and a board certified neuropsychologist (ABPN). Dr. Preston is the author of twenty-two books addressing psychotherapy, mood disorders, PTSD, neurobiology, psychopharmacology, and the spiritual aspects of emotional healing. His books have been translated into fourteen languages. He has presented talks in the USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, and Russia.
Auburn Holiday Inn Conference Room
120 Grass Valley Hwy
Auburn, CA. 95603
The course will meet the requirements for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs. The Sierra Foothills Chapter of CAMFT is an approved CEU provider (PCE #4807) through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Training fees with lunch included are as follows:
(Become a Member to receive a $10 discount)
Hand-outs will be emailed 2-days before the training.
Please print and bring to the training.
Course Completion Certificates will be emailed to participants.
Registration for this event closes on
Tuesday, 6/14/16 at 6 p.m.
There is a $5 late registration fee for attendees registering at the door, so be sure to register early! For those registering late, handouts will be emailed a few days AFTER the training is completed.
The Sierra Foothills Chapter of CAMFT will provide refunds to registrants up and until the close of registration, minus a $5 registration fee. There are no refunds after the close of registration.
For special needs, questions, or any grievance
Contact Dianne Murden, President